Operation Musketeer Smiler Sheet
A sheet containing 20 Personalised Operation Musketeer Smiler stamps.Find out more
Operation Musketeer was the Anglo-French plan for the invasion of the Suez Canal in 1956. As part of this helicopters were used to transport Royal Marines of 45 Commando 9 miles from the aircraft carrier HMS Theseus to Port Said.Find out more
Welcome to the British Forces Philatelic Service, a not-for-profit Community Interest Company(CIC) which operates the Forces Philatelic Bureau on behalf of the British Forces Post Office (BFPO). BFPS is run by volunteers who are all ex-Services.
We fundraise for our Forces charities through philately - our commemorative covers, first day covers, and books are available to everyone through our Online Shop and the sale of these helps our heroes.
Our aim is to provide a comprehensive philatelic service to organisations, units and charities who wish to mark special events, whilst raising money for Service charities. We do this by:
- Providing a free advisory service on British Forces related philately.
- Producing special first day and commemorative covers for sale at special events.
- Using our website to promote British Forces philately to as wide an audience as possible.
- Marketing BFPS covers past and present via our online shop.
- Issuing British Forces Postal Service serial numbers for special handstamps.
- Providing design/production of special handstamps, first day and commemorative covers.
We can help you mark your special event and raise money for Forces Charities
Get the news on our latest covers
* BFPS special handstamps *
BFPS 3200 First Use of the Tank in Battle
BFPS 3200 Battle of the Somme