For the first time, BFPS has issued a special commemorative cover on the 11 November 2015 to mark this poignant event.
A limited edition of one hundred of covers will be signed by Army artist Richard Salter.
The main image of this thought provoking cover is from an original oil painting by Army artist Richard Salter. Richards own words sum up the spirit of the painting: “The Battle is over; some soldiers march home and some soldiers follow in spirit, both hoping to find peace at last.”
- the Royal Mail 1ˢᵗ class stamp ‘Poppy’.
- the exclusive ‘We Will Remember Them’ special handstamp designed especially for this occasion.
- the unique serial number ‘British Forces Postal Service 3195’.
- a one third A4 size insert giving information about Richard Salter.
Both the cover and insert are presented in a cellophane sleeve to create a high quality commemorative cover.
The standard and signed editions of the covers are also available by mail order by sending a cheque (payable to ‘BFPS CIC’) to BFPS, The Old Post Office, Links Place, Elie, Fif,e KY9 1AX.
Please note that it is possible to buy a print of the original artwork on the cover by visiting the Gallery 21 website.(http://www.gallery21.co.uk/buy-art/poppy-tree/)
A second version of the cover, a Limited Edition of only 50, has been specially commissioned by Stamp & Coin Mart Magazine. You can obtain this by subscribing to the magazine (http://stamp.cm/BFPSGift). This differs from the original version in the following ways:
- The cover bears a Stamp & Coin Mart Ltd Edition cachet.
- The cover image does not carry the artists descriptor.