The Cenotaph on Whitehall, London was erected after the First World War to be part of the ‘Peace Celebrations’ in July 1919. It was only meant to be a temporary structure but as it became a symbol of commemoration for the huge loss of life suffered during the WWI it was decided that a permanent structure was needed. Designed by Edwin Landseer Lutyens the Cenotaph, made from Portland stone, was duly unveiled by King George V on the 11 November 1920.
To commemorate the century of the unveiling of the cenotaph BFPS has produced a limited edition commemorative cover to be issued on the 11th November 2020.
The covers and stamp sheets can also be ordered by post by sending a cheque (payable to ‘BFPS CIC’) to BFPS, The Old Post Office, Links Place, Elie, LEVEN, KY9 1AX.
These covers and stamps will be not be despatched to our customers until the 11th November 2020.